You are here
TC-37 - Measurements and Networking
Marco Mugniani got his Ph.D. in Reliability Availability and Logistics, University of Florence, Italy, 2003 and the Laurea Degree (110/110 cum Laude) in Electronics Engineering with major in Non Linear Automatic Controls, University of Florence, Italy, 1999. Currently he is Assistant Professor at the University of Siena (Manager of the electronics training lab.), University of Siena, Italy. He has been appointed as faculty and Professor at the Electrical and Electronics Technology Dept. at the Higher Colleges of Technology Abu Dhabi, UAE in 2012 - 2013. From 2005 to 2012 he was Assistant Professor at the University of Siena (Manager of the electronics training lab.), University of Siena. He is Co-founder of the SENSIA SrL Company, Italy, 2008 www.sensia.it, Co-founder of the DESMOWEB SrL Company, Italy, 2009 www.desmoweb.com and was employed as Product Safety Engineer at General Electric (GE) Power System Oil and Gas Division with the responsibility of leading the design for safety of five production sites (AC Compressor, Gemini, Rotoflow, Thermodyn, PII), Florence, Italy, from 2003-2005. He also acted as Consultant for Borri Industrial Power Solutions S.p.A. 2002-2011, for Astrid Energy Enterprises S.p.A. 1999-2000 and for CETACE, Magnetek S.p.A. 1999-2000 in the areas of reliability for electronics and mechanics. He got the Certification as Labview Associate Developer, Green Belt Certified, CAP (Change Acceleration Process). He is IEEE Senior Member. In 2003 Marco Mugnaini received the award for the best National Ph.D. thesis in the maintenance context from CNIM (National Italian Center for Maintenance).
During his career, he also cover or has covered the following roles:
- Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Instrumentation Technology (IJIT)
- Associate Editor of the International Journal of Power Electronics and Drives
- Editorial Board of the “Safety” Journal MDPI since 2015
- Organizing committee member of IEEE student competition UAE, 2013
- Stirring Committee of IEEE student competition UAE, 2013
- Judges Coordinator of IEEE student competition UAE, 2013
- Director of the educational Electronics and Electronic Measurement Laboratory.
- 2006 RAV member (Faculty auto evaluation board)
- Member of the Board of Electronic and Telecommunication Branch since 2010
- He has also been in years associate Technical Program Chair for the following Conferences:
- IEEE Sensor application Symposium (IEEE SAS)
- IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices SSD
- IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement I2MTC
- Rector delegate for the Safety Manager Intra Faculty Regional Organization since 2010-2011
- Reviewer for IEEE Transaction on Instrumentation and Measurement, for IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks Journals, JCST and IEEE IMSC coordinator.
- Member of the Ph.D. School Board in Bionformatics (GENOMEC) University of Siena since 2009 and up to 2017
He is author and co-author of more than 90 papers in International peer reviewed Journal and conferences and of 5 national and international patents.